What is ARPDAU?
Average Revenue Per Daily Active User (ARPDAU) is a KPI used to measure how well your monetization strategies are working on a daily basis. It tells you how much revenue your active users generate for your app or game every day.
ARPDAU calculates revenue from multiple sources, including in-app purchases (IAPs), ads, and subscriptions.
Why is ARPDAU important?
ARPDAU is a valuable metric for mobile app and game developers and one of the most commonly used, for a reason. By measuring ARPDAU, you will:
- Understand how your app performs on a daily basis
- Analyze how events or promotions impact revenue
- Get a top-level view of income generated on your app
- Have the data to help you make big decisions, improve performance, and measure results
How can I use ARPDAU?
This metric can be used in many different ways, one popular approach is around user acquisition strategies:
- Measure ARPDAU and how it fluctuates normally
- During a user acquisition campaign, segment your new users by source
- Use the data to uncover which networks, apps or ads perform best in your game
How is ARPDAU calculated?
Revenue earned from your game in a given 24hr period/number of active users that day.
Check out our customer success stories to learn how developers are using MAX to increase ARPDAU.
Interested in learning more?
Keep up with the latest mobile gaming trends.Visit our blog